Re: Seperate Midi-Channel for each Voice?

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: Seperate Midi-Channel for each Voice?
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 20:31:07 +0200

Am 2007-05-06 um 14:57 schrieb Henrik Schröder:

my problem is that in the midi, you don't hear notes that are already played by
another voice.

I guess your problem is merely that you don't seperate your voices.

\score {
\new Staff
{
<< {\relative f' {f4 e d c}} \\ {\relative c' {c1}}>>
}
\midi {}
\layout{}
}

I define my voices in separate variables like this:

oberstimme = \relative c' {
        \repeat volta 2 {
                r8 f f f e4 d8 c |
                c( d) d d~ d2 |
                r8 f f f g4 e8( c) |
                c( d) d d~ d2

and use them in different staves:

% MIDI
\score {
        \unfoldRepeats {
                <<
                        \context Staff = chords <<
                                \set Staff.midiInstrument = "fx 4 (atmosphere)"
                                \context Voice = chords {
                                        << \dynamics \akkorde >>
                                }

                        \context Staff = ober <<
                                \set Staff.midiInstrument = "violin"
                                \context Voice = ober \oberstimme

                        \context Staff = unter <<
                                \set Staff.midiInstrument = "viola"
                                \context Voice = unter \unterstimme

        }
        \midi{
                \context { \Score
                tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment 120 4)

I use the same voice variables in an other \score setup for PDF output, so that I can tweak both outputs separately.

Please find attached my song template (hope it'll come through), maybe it helps.

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm