Re: writing identifiers

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: writing identifiers
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 15:15:12 +0200

It's not that tricky. At first sight, you may even think that there is no need for
a music function at all, but as you probably have found out yourself, an
identifier like
myGrace = { \once \override Slur #'transparent = ##t \appoggiatura }
does not work. The reason is that \appoggiatura itself is a music function,
that takes one argument, namely the grace note(s). So, what you need is a
music function that takes a music expression as an argument:
\version "2.10.0"
wideGrace = #(define-music-function (parser location grace) (ly:music?)
      #{
       \once \override Slur #'transparent = ##t \appoggiatura $grace
      #})

\relative c'{
c \grace d8 e4 \wideGrace f8 g4 c
}

\layout{ragged-right=##t }

  /Mats

madhg wrote:
Graham Percival-2 wrote:
Follow the links. From the bottom of 4.2, there's a link to 4.3. That has a link to 5.6, which might solve this issue, but it's more likely that then you'll need to follow the link to chapter 12 advanced tweaks with scheme.

Thanks, Graham.  I had followed links as far as 5.6, which didn't help.  Ch.
12, "Interfaces for programmers", is serious stuff, as the title says. I
might work on it when I have more time for study.

David

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems