Re: Getting Started

From: Damian leGassick
Subject: Re: Getting Started
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 17:44:39 +0100

hi bridget

lilypond isn't a program with icons and menus and the rest, it's more like a simple programming language.

you write lilypond files (text) with a text editor and the lilypond 'program' acts on the instructions that you write in that textfile, resulting in printed music.

there's a tutorial available on the lilypond site - once you're a few examples into it, things will seem clearer