Feathered beams

From: Michael Sperone
Subject: Feathered beams
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 20:50:51 +0000

Hi,
 I have started using lilypond successfully and like it a lot, but I have run into one problem which I  cannot figure out for the life of me.  I entered feathered beams for one beat, and now all the music I enter on that staff from that point on is feathered.

I am using version 2.10.25 on Mac OSX
this is what I entered to get feathered beams:

\featherDurations #(ly:make-moment 5 4) { \override Beam #'grow-direction = #LEFT bes'32\p\>[ ges' d'' bes c'' ges'\!]}

and everything I enter after this results in more feathered beamed groups of notes

I can't tell what I am doing wrong, as I understood it, once I enter that last "}" then everything should good back to normal, correct? or is there something else I need to do?

thanks
Michael