Re: engraving question

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: engraving question
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:40:55 +1000

On Saturday 18 August 2007 11:48, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> 2007/8/16, Joe Neeman <address@hidden>:
> > I'm trying to tweak the spacing code, and I've come across a case where
> > I'm not sure what to do. In the attached example, I have a note followed
> > by a clef change followed by a bar line. Given that the clef fits in the
> > space that would be there anyway, should it take up extra space? Any
> > strong opinions (they will be regarded more highly if they come with
> > references, of course)?

To follow this up, the default now is to do the tight spacing as suggested by
Mark Knoop. To enable looser spacing, I've added a new property to
NoteSpacing:
\override NoteSpacing #'space-to-barline = ##f
will put more space before a clef. I've made the tight spacing the default
because it works with both polyphonic and monophonic music.

Joe