Re: slur and system breaks

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: slur and system breaks
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 12:35:42 +0200

2007/8/26, Oded <address@hidden>:

Greetings,

> I couldn't find a solution for this problem searching through the archive
> only another user posing this question 4 years ago with no replies and I
> also noticed that this seems to be how slurs are done in all the examples
> availbale on the website.

If I understand correctly how the LilyPond team (and list) works, you
may have to prove that this is a bug, and not a matter of personal
preference.
To document this as a bug, you might want to find some authentic
(hand-engraved) reference scores, scan a relevant example, and compare
it to the same fragment produced using LilyPond (you can refer to
http://lilypond.org/web/about/automated-engraving/benchmarking if you
want an example).
Slurs behavior is a tricky part to program, so I think the more you'll
document it, the more LilyPond crew will be grateful to you (and
willing to address the issue).

Regards,
V. Villenave