Re: piano with lyrics (was I'm new to lilypond)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: piano with lyrics (was I'm new to lilypond)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:23:27 +0200

2007/8/31, Raichu <address@hidden>:

> Not quite. I want it to come out like typical pop sheet music,
> two staves with lyrics between. The treble stave contains
> (polyphonically) both the melody line and an accompaniment.
>
> melodyline = \relative c' { ... }
> accompaniment = \relative c' { ... }
> bass = \relative c' { ... }
> lyrics = \lyricmode { ... }
>
> score {
> \new GrandStaff <<
>   \new Staff = upper {
>     \clef treble
>     << \melodyline  \\ \accompaniment >>
>   }
>   \new Lyrics \lyricsto ???
>   \new Staff = lower { \clef bass \lower }
> >>
> }

It would look more like this:

\score {
  \new GrandStaff <<
    \new Staff = "upper" <<
      \new Voice = "melody" \melodyline
      \new Voice = "accompaniment" \accompaniment

    \new Lyrics \lyricsto melodyline \yourLyrics
    \new Staff = "lower" { \clef bass \lower }

 }

Notice the two Voice contexts I added inside the upper Staff context;
this way I can give each one a name, and align the lyrics only with
the one I want.

Hope this helps,
Valentin