Re: Lilypond on macos Leopard

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Lilypond on macos Leopard
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 22:20:47 +0100

On 27 Oct 2007, at 19:29, Immanuel Litzroth wrote:

Lilypond doesn't work on Leopard as it did on Tiger.
I upgraded my system (install new system with keeping of
settings). If I try to run the unix commandline executables
I get the message
/bin/bash: /Users/immanuel/Desktop/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/ bin/lilypond:
cannot execute binary file

In 10.4, I have put LilyPond in /Applications/, and in my home directory, I have script created by say
  cat > lilypond
  exec /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond "$@"
^D
  chmod a+x lilypond
(where ^D is <control>-D). Then this LilyPond script can be run.

Does that work in 10.5?

  Hans Ã…berg