Re: Beginner question

From: Jocke
Subject: Re: Beginner question
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:45:10 -0700 (PDT)

Kieren MacMillan wrote:

> Hello!
>
>> the notes should be tied of course. But I also want something like an
>> underscore after the word to show the reader that it shall be
>> singed for a
>> long time. Is this possible in Lilypond?
>
> Yes: after the lyric, put a double-underscore, e.g., och __
>
> Hope this helps!
> Kieren.

Aha, there should be a space there, okay. :-) Thanks! But one more thing.
That underscore thing in the notation thing, I want it to be shorter. It
streches so long to other notes. For example, in this code, the underscore
between the word "och" streches to E. I just want it to stretch to under the
second A there.

\version "2.10.33"

\score {

  <<
    \relative c'' {
      \key g \major

      | a4 ~ a b2 | a4 ~ a e c
      | e4 c e f | e4 e8[ c] b2 \bar "|:" \break
      | a'4 b ces bis | a4 b8[ a] f2
      | e4 c e f | e4 e8[ c] b2 \break
      | a'4 a b2 | a4 a b2
      | d,4 e b'8[ a] f4 | e1 \bar "|."