Re: Scheme question

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Scheme question
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 11:04:16 +0100

Le 3 nov. 07 à 00:00, Steven Weber a écrit :

I need a function that takes 7 parameters. My function works fine as long as there are only 3 parameters – as soon as I add the fourth, everything blows up, with the following error:

programming error: no parser tag defined for this markup signature
continuing, cross fingers
(#<procedure baseHarpPedal-markup (layout props dpedal cpedal bpedal epedal)> . scheme0-scheme1-scheme2-scheme3)

The number and type of arguments that a markup command can have is hardcoded
in the parser (see source file lily/lexer.ll). Possible arguments are:
 - <no argument>
 - markup
 - markup markup
 - markup-list
 - scm
 - scm scm
 - scm markup
 - scm scm markup
 - scm markup markup
 - scm scm scm

To workaround this limitation, you can group several scheme arguments into a
single one:

#(define-mmarkup-command (baseHarpPedal layout props pedal-settings) (list?)

The command would be call for instance that way:
  \markup \baseHarpPedal #'(10 20 30 40)
instead of:
  \markup \baseHarpPedal #10 #20 #30 #40

nicolas