still space between lyric syllabes when hyphens are removed

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: still space between lyric syllabes when hyphens are removed
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 20:41:31 +0100

Hi,

When lyric syllabes with a hyphen in between come very close together, the
hyphen is removed. Which is OK. But: sometimes there is still a little bit of
space between the syllabes.

What I would like is that IF the hyphen is removed (e.g. when shorter than 1
staffspace), the syllabes are placed fully together (including kerning), and
not with a (small) space in between. Would that be possible with some
setting?

I know how I can force the hyphens to be there, but actually I like the
possibility of removing the hyphens. But if they are removed, the syllabes
must really look like one word, and not still have a small distance.

Tia,
Met vriendelijke groet,
Wilbert Berendsen

--