RE: educational first draft

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: educational first draft
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 09:50:13 -0000

Graham Percival wrote 06 November 2007 08:54

> Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> >
> > To me "editorial notation" gives the impression
> that it's something
> > different
> > from normal music typesetting notation,
>
> You have a point here.
>
> Basically, we just want to say "stuff that makes
> music easier to read".
>   I can't think of any short, formal-language
> phrase that says the same
> thing, though.  "Educational" and "Editorial"
> could both be misinterpreted.
>
> Hmm... "Legibility" ?  "Notation to improve legibility" ?

Fingering is perhaps the most-used of these aids,
so how about using that as an example in the heading:
"Fingering and other aids to readability", or if
that's too long, maybe just "Readability aids"?

But then you'd have to relocate Improvisation,
Hidden notes, Blank music sheet and maybe Stems.

Trevor D