piano staff dynamics

From: Michael Listrom
Subject: piano staff dynamics
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 14:12:52 -0600

Here is a reply from Kieren. I have some more questions

If you want dynamics that apply to both, then you could use three identifiers:
dynamicsRH = { ... }
dynamicsBH = { ... }
dynamicsLH = { ... }

Then, in the .ly file,
1. In the \score (ENGRAVING) block, include the \dynamicsRH and \dynamicsBH in the right-hand Staff context, and the \dynamicsLH in the left-hand Staff context; and,
2. In the \midi (PERFORMANCE) block, include the \dynamicsRH and \dynamicsBH in the right-hand Staff context, and the \dynamicsLH and \dynamicsBH in the left-hand Staff context.

There might be a better way -- this is just off the top of my head...

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

I am a little confused on how to implement.
Do I apply the dynamicsRH = {} with the dynamic markings inside the brackets, and does that information go in the lilypond file itself? Where is my music notation in all of this? And what does dynamicsBH stand for?
Regards,
Michael