Re: posting snippets

From: arvidgr
Subject: Re: posting snippets
Date: 14 Nov 2007 12:20:39 +0100

"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> writes:

> Arvid, your snippet has been approved.

Great, thanks! :)

> I do check for new snippets
> about twice a week, no matter what computer trouble I can have.
> Moreover, once the snippets are approved, you may have to wait about
> 24 hours so your snippet can be indexed in the database. So, always be
> patient with the LSR.

OK.  I didn't see anything about the approval step on the LSR pages;
maybe I missed it, but otherwise you may want to document that part of
the process along with the other "how to contribute" stuff...

> Thank you for having contributed, by the way. We now have almost 250
> snippets in the database (well, in fact we *did* have 250 snippets,
> but I had to remove a few duplicates); I hope we can reach the number
> of 300 snippets before 2.12 is out!

I have some other cool (or just downright weird) stuff laying around
that I might "snippetize" when/if ever I get the time for it, but I
think the most useful snippet I can think of right now is the one you
just approved.

Arvid