Re: Lilypond in MikTeX

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: Lilypond in MikTeX
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 15:40:56 +0100

Am 2007-11-17 um 11:28 schrieb Helge Kruse:

But the example in the lilypond manual looked so similar like plain LaTeX and tempting, that I just used copy&paste. Now I realized thank lily-pond book is not an alternative book a tool to integrate lilypond in LaTeX.

If you want a LilyPond-TeX integration (without the need to call external tools by hand), have a look at ConTeXt and its LilyPond module:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/LilyPond

But beware: it runs only with LP 2.10 at the moment (commandline syntax changed with 2.11, and some other syntax changed from 2.8 or 2.9) and the inline snippets probably don't work.
I succeeded to typeset a songbook with it, though.

i.e. you'd need to have installed:
- recent pdfTeX
- recent ConTeXt (newer than August 2007)
- LilyPond 2.10.x
- GhostScript
The module is reported to work with MikTeX (most ConTeXt users use some teTeX flavour).

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm