barline thickness

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: barline thickness
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:49:49 +0100

El Sun, 18 de Nov de 2007, a las 10:50:47PM +0100, Mats Bengtsson dijo:
> Paco Vila wrote:
>
>> In 2.11.34, I've found that default barline thickness is a bit too thick,
>> even printed at 1200 dpi.
>>
>> Where is this default set? I'm sorry but I still have not managed to
>> override it thinner.
>>
> In the section on Bar Lines in the on-line manual, click on BarLine
> at the bottom of the page to see a list of properties that are set
> by default on the BarLine object. This includes, among others
> a property called hair-thickness with default value 1.9.
> To change that setting, add
> \override Score.BarLine #'hair-thickness = #1.5
> in your code...

Yes, thank you, but I think my problem is more serious than I thought.
Barlines appear much, much thicker on printed paper than on PDF or
PNG!

Leftmost barline (the one on the left edge of the staff) appears thin,
just like the staff lines. But standard barlines seem to be five or
six times as thick; moreover, (try to explain well, Paco) their top
and bottom ends are higher (and lower, respectively) than the topmost
(resp. lowest) staff line, surpassing the system in length, as if they
were surrounded by a rounded outline.

On next days I'll try to scan a prined copy to show you what I'm saying.

I have a recent Laserjet driven by PS drivers (I've heard that it
works internally with PCL anyway).

Has anybody a similar problem?

Maybe it's just my printer. She doesn't seem to like LP too much.

UPDATE: other vertical lines look fine. Only barlines are almost as
heavy as beams, if not equal.
--
Francisco Vila Doncel. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org