RE: TextScript/Lyrics positioning order

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: TextScript/Lyrics positioning order
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:39:17 -0000

Another option is to use #'extra-offset to reposition
objects after LilyPond has finished its layout.  This
is always a last resort, as you have to reposition
objects manually and it is your responsibility to
ensure that other collisions don't ensue.  But in this
case it might solve your problem.  To swap over lyrics
and markup use

\override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 2.5)
\override Lyrics.LyricText #'extra-offset = #'(0 . -2.5)

at the top of your music in the staff to which the lyrics
are attached.  Change the 2.5 to suit your scaling.

Trevor D