Trouble running LilyPond under OS X (10.5.1 aka Leopard)

From: Caine
Subject: Trouble running LilyPond under OS X (10.5.1 aka Leopard)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 08:12:38 +0000 (UTC)

I have downloaded both LilyPond v2.10.33-1 and v2.11.36-1 and
have tried running them without success under Leopard (10.5.1).

When launching LilyPond for the first time, the application loads
and the default introduction page is displayed. However, the only
menu item is "LilyPond" yet there are no sub-menu items to be
found. I must perform a "Force Quit" in order to terminate LilyPond.

If anyone has any experience running LilyPond under Leopard,
I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Thank you.

Caine
address@hidden