font-encoding for normal text? Is Computer Modern used?

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: font-encoding for normal text? Is Computer Modern used?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 05:32:29 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,

Can anyone tell me what is the correct font-encoding for normal text?

I'm trying to make a volta bracket with normal text instead of numbers (feta
font). I could call e.g.
\override Score.VoltaBracket #'font-name = #"New Century Schoolbook Bold"
but I was wondering if there was a not-so-low-level solution.

On TextScript I can use font-family, font-series etc. calls but this one
seems to need an additional font-encoding parameter and the ones provided in
program reference don't work. I also tried
#'font-encoding = #'() as suggested by Han-Wen in [1] but that left me with
no text whatsoever.

Another thing for GDP:
User manual says that LP uses Computer Modern for roman font and New Century
Schoolbook for serif font. I guess the Computer Modern font statement is not
valid anymore if you assume that roman and serif fonts mean the same thing.

-Risto

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2005-06/msg00245.html