building, where to get libfontconfig-dev and libfreetype6-dev

From: Bob
Subject: building, where to get libfontconfig-dev and libfreetype6-dev
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 03:46:49 +0000 (UTC)

Howdy,

Am trying to build lilypond 2.11.36 on mac osx
10.4.11 (on an intel mac).  I only want to use midi2ly (and
intended to feed that output into an pre-built lilypond binary)
 but it appears I have to build the whole kit
and caboodle to use midi2ly.  I have managed to get to the
 point where running ./configure only
complains that it needs
   libfontconfig-dev or fontconfig-devel >= 2.2.0
and
   libfreetype6-dev or freetype?-devel >= 2.1.10

I am unable to find these.  Using darwinports mostly, I
 loaded everything else that ./config earlier said it
needed, and as part of doing that I have fontconfig and
 freetype already.  The above packages seem to be
variants of these, but darwinports doesn't seem to know
 about them, and ./configure thinks they are
lacking (I guess).  Where can I find them?

Thanks,
Bob H

P.S.  I also tried using finkcommander to install lilypond
 source on different mac (same OS, but a powerpc
mac).  It failed after a couple minutes so I gave
 up on that avenue.