Re: caesura usage

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: caesura usage
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 20:00:20 -0700

On Dec 31, 2007, at 5:43 AM, Wilbert Berendsen wrote:

I created a file only containing:
---------------8<--------------8<--------------
caesuraOn = \override BreathingSign #'text =
#(make-musicglyph-markup "scripts.caesura.straight")

{ c d
\caesuraOn \breathe
e f }

which works well in my recent 2.11.36 (git master).

Indeed!  The problem is when to reset \breathe

The attached code would formerly have produced a caesura followed by a comma followed by another caesura. Now the last caesura is cancelled before it is rendered to give a caesura followed by two commas.

I would consider this a bug but maybe I'm breaking some other rule.

Happy New Year,

Paul

        -- Mahatma Gandi

I just applied that quote to a website I am working on.