Force number of bars per line

From: Michael Nelson
Subject: Force number of bars per line
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 22:58:30 -0800 (PST)

I'm notating a piece of music, and I'm getting 2, 3, and 4 bars on different lines.  But the original hardcopy I'm transcribing has exactly 3 on all lines, and it definitely looks better.

I read the section on horizontal spacing, but I don't want to screw around with ad hoc stretching, obviously.  Is there any way I can control it at the bar level for the whole piece?  I tried to do my homework, but couldn't find anything about it.  Thanks,

Mike