Re: Rests in Percussion Notation

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Rests in Percussion Notation
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 04:25:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Reilly-3 wrote:
> Can I manipulate whole and half measures rests in various 1-line staves?
>
> Half rest should be below line
> Whole rests should rest on line not levitate above line

I'm now writing a small score, which contains percussion (cymbals) and I was
searching for RhythmicStaff stuff and I found this message.

I don't know much about percussion notation but the half / whole rest
position you presented somehow made me curious. Should they really be
written the other way round as in "normal" 5 line notation? Any reason why?

Well, I'm happy even with the current style except for the floating whole
rest (multimeasure rest, R1). I've lowered it by #-0.02 and now the ledger
line coincides with the main line. The stubby line is showing through the
line, though. :-( I also tried to replace "R1" with "s1*1/2 r1*1/2" but they
did not always match with R1s on other staves.

Is there a way to change the R1 glyph from "rests.0o" to e.g. "rests.0" for
that staff?

Is this a bug?

-Risto

%%%%%% Start %%%%%%
\version "2.11.34"

\score{
    \new RhythmicStaff
    {
        r4 r8 c' r2
        r1
        R1
        \override MultiMeasureRest  #'staff-position = #-0.02
        R1
    }
    \layout
    {
        \context {
            \RhythmicStaff
                \consists Clef_engraver
                clefGlyph = #"clefs.percussion"
                clefPosition = #0
                \override TimeSignature #'style = #'numbered