Re: Latest Lilypond versions on Ubuntu?

From: Joseph Haig
Subject: Re: Latest Lilypond versions on Ubuntu?
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 22:30:12 +0000

On 09/01/2008, Jonas Nyström <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Where can I find information about how to install the latest Lilypond
> versions on my Ubuntu machine?

I use Lilypond on Ubuntu and I just user the installer from
lilypond.org.  Get the latest from here:

  <http://lilypond.org/web/install/>

and then in a console,

$ chmod +x lilypond-2.10.33-1.linux-x86.sh
$ sudo ./lilypond-2.10.33-1.linux-x86.sh

If you already have another version installed, it will give you
instructions for uninstalling it first.

> No problem with the .deb versions I've found, but they're a bit dated...

Dated, but not as dated as I thought.  I have just checked and
apparently, version 2.10.25 is available for Feisty - only 8 minor
versions old!  Last time I checked (Edgy, 2 versions older than
Feisty) it was still 2.6, which I wouldn't have considered touching
even when Edgy was released.  My guess is that a Lilypond fan has
recently joined the Ubuntu development team.

Regards,

Joe