Re: opening Lilypond

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re: opening Lilypond
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:43:10 -0800

Valentin said:

(If you really want to learn how to use LilyPond, you might need a
more convenient editor than the notepad; for example, try jEdit (
www.jedit.org -- download the "development version"), with its special
LilyPondTool plugin that is very handy (you have to download it in the
"plugin manager").

I  recommend NOT using the latest version of jEdit (4.3pre12) as I found it didn't play well with LilyPondTool.
Go get jEdit 4.3pre9 and I believe you'll be OK.
I agree that LilyPondTool is very helpful.

Good luck!

Tim Reeves