composition title on every page except the first

From: Felipe Vogel
Subject: composition title on every page except the first
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:27:59 -0800 (PST)

Hello, I am new to LilyPond (AWESOME program, by the way!) and I have some
questions about headers.
I want to have the title of a composition appear at the top of every page
(in a small font). I found this message that explains how to do this:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-02/msg00638.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-02/msg00638.html
However, I don't want the title to appear on the first page, where the
normal title appears in the header already. Is there any way to make a
header appear only on pages after the first?

Also, I want to place the page number on the left side of the header on
every page, but I want to center the title. Currently I can do this with the
\hspace command. For example:

\paper {
  oddHeaderMarkup = \markup {
    \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
    \hspace #40  % place enough space between the page number and the title
so that the title is centered
    \fromproperty #'header:title
  }
  evenHeaderMarkup = \markup {
    \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
    \hspace #40
    \fromproperty #'header:title

But this way I have to experiment for a while to see what number I should
use with \hspace to center the title. Is there a better way to do this? And
another thing, I didn't put " " and \on-the-fly
#print-page-number-check-first (which were included in the message I linked
to) in there because they don't make any difference in the output. Should I
use these?

Thank you!

Felipe