same lyrics to multiple voices at once

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: same lyrics to multiple voices at once
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:57:41 +0100

I want to set a simple homophonic choir piece, with 4 voices on two staffs and
the lyrics in between. When any of the voices has a melisma, I want the text
to align correctly (not just when the soprano has a melisma), and also
extender lines to be drawn correctly.

To achieve this (without changing associatedVoice each and every time another
voice has a melisma) I try to plant all voices onto each other in one voice
and have the lyrics attach to that voice. Of course, I don't want that voice
to print.

\version"2.11"

sop = {a'2 b'4( a')}
alt = {g'4( f') g'2}

lyr = \lyricmode { One __ Two __ }

\score { <<
  \new Staff << \sop \\ \alt >>
  \new Devnull \new Voice = devnull << \sop \alt >>
  \new Lyrics \lyricsto devnull \lyr
>> }

But alas, this does not work, because the Devnull does not want to swallow
other contexts. But \lyricsto doesn't want to attach to a Devnull directly.
Is there a way to print the stacked voice in a normal staff, but remove that
staff from view?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Wilbert Berendsen

--