Re: Feature request: attach notation elements to barlines

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Feature request: attach notation elements to barlines
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 01:43:50 +0100

2008/1/18, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden>:

> Thanks for the great thread summation!

Absolutely! Trevor, being a bugmeister is still very new to me. I have
been following this (quite interesting) discussion, waiting to see if
we could sum it up at some point, as a concise, sensible and useful
Feature request (Jamie's initial one was already a very good start,
but it needed to be made more "LilyPond-thinking" compatible).

Plus, I am also interested in such features as a composer: I'm writing
some vocal parts, and I know as a pianist that many singers do not
sing actual tenutos unless they are repeatedly asked to do so; for
instance, every time I have a melody that ends with a whole note, I
have to write  \markup "ten." otherwise the sung note will only sound
like a half note. So, having the ability to attach whatever spanners
to the whole measure would probably help me a lot.

So, if together we can come up with a (set of two or three) very
specific request(s), I'll happily add it to the tracker! :)

Cheers,
Valentin