Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches vastly improved, more comments sought

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches vastly improved, more comments sought
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:40:52 -0800

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:36:32 +0100
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote:
> > Not true; with = the d's octave is changed; with \octave the d's
> > octave is not changed.
> >
> No! The difference is that = modifies the pitch on the current note,
> whereas the \octave changes the pitch first on the note after the
> command, i.e. \octave d' d is the same as d='

I wish it was that simple:

\relative c'' {
  c2 d \octave c'
}

foo.ly:2:7: warning: Failed octave check, got: c''
  c2 d
       \octave c'

I understand the old docs now; \octave c' inserts a fake note and
checks the relative octaves before and after it.  Argh, what an
annoying function.  :(

(given that nobody's complained about this section, evidently
nobody uses this functions anyway...)

> Attached! (It's not the most beautiful solution,but it should work.)

Thanks, applied.

Cheers,
- Graham