RE: pedal position

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: pedal position
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:37:57 -0000

Hi Stefan

The extra-offset property can be used to move the
PianoPedalBracket in the same way.  Here's a
modified example:

\version "2.11.37"
standardped = { \override Staff.PianoPedalBracket
  #'style = #'bracket
\set Staff.pedalSustainStyle = #'mixed }
\relative c''' {
\override Staff.SustainPedal
  #'outside-staff-priority = #1
\override Staff.PianoPedalBracket
  #'outside-staff-priority = #1
\override Staff.SustainPedal
  #'extra-offset = #'(0 . -2)
\override Staff.PianoPedalBracket
  #'extra-offset = #'(0 . -2)
\standardped
 c2\pp\sustainDown
 c2\pp\sustainUp
 c2\pp\sustainDown
 c2\pp\sustainUp
}

I have also set outside-staff-priority of both
PianoPedalBracket and PianoPedal (any value other
than #f works), to include them in the outside-staff
object-positioning mechanism.  As we saw earlier, this
does not move the pedal marks, but it does allow the
dynamic marks to move closer to the staff.

If you use \once to override any of the properties of
PianoPedalBracket remember that the override must be
place before the *start* of the bracket, that is, before
the \sustainDown command, not the \sustainUp command.

Trevor D