Placing \score within \markup (?)

From: Bill Mooney
Subject: Placing \score within \markup (?)
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 09:57:26 +1200

Hi Frederick,
Placing a separate bit of music in a \markup is possible - do a search on the doc file at the LP site --- but could I suggest that a possibly 'better' way is to have two separate \score statements in your file?

chant music bits = whatever
da-da-da-da

response music bits = whateverelse
da da da da

\score
 - - - whatever

\score
- - - whateverselse

there's something in the docs about this as well.
From memory there are no limits to the number of \score statements in a file.

I don't have any paperwork with me at the moment otherwise I'd give you chapter and verse - to coin a phrase! :)

Regards
Bill