Re: piano centered dynamics

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: piano centered dynamics
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 17:32:58 -0500

Well, since no one is going to answer this I guess I'll answer it myself: RTFM (the Learning Manual, that is) :D

(I figured it out...)

Jon

Jonathan Kulp wrote:
Thanks Graham. I went and got this template and applied it to a piano piece of mine. The centering of dynamics is lovely, but I also have a problem that many of the dynamics that are attached to a spacer at the beginning of a measure *collide* with the barline. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how do you generally address it? A crude way would be to put something like a 32nd-note spacer first, then attach the dynamics to a 32nd spacer right after that, but there must be a more elegant solution.

Sorry not to attach code but the file is enormous and it would take me a while to extract a proper snippet. I'm looking for a general suggestion rather than a fix to a specific instance.

Thanks,

Jon

Graham Percival wrote:

You look at the 2.11 docs, click on Snippet List (SL), then click
on Templates.  How is that hard to find?

Cheers,
- Graham