Font difference between 2.11.23 and GDP

From: Palmer, Ralph
Subject: Font difference between 2.11.23 and GDP
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 07:22:38 -0400

Greetings -

I'm running LilyPond 2.11.23 under Windows XP SP2. I've been working on
Repeats in the GDP. To demonstrate the behavior of manually setting
repeat signs and brackets, I borrowed from LSR snippet 316, modified it,
and included it in Repeats. I tested my modified version before
submitting it, and it worked fine, but the GDP engraved version appears
differently.

%% My test version:

\version "2.11.23"

Test = {
        \key c \major
        \clef "G"
        \time 4/4
        \relative c'' {
c1
d4 e f g
\override Staff.VoltaBracket #'font-name = #"sans"
\set Score.repeatCommands = #'( ( volta "1. Repeat to CHORUS" ) )
f4 g a b
\set Score.repeatCommands = #'( ( volta #f ) \text ( volta "2., 3. To
VERSE" ) end-repeat )
g4 a g a
c1

\score
        {
        \Test
        }

I've attached the resulting PDF as <Test.pdf>.  (Funny - it came out of
LilyPond as 60 Kb, and I had to use Adobe Acrobat to reduce the file
size.)

I printed the GDP version as a PDF and attached it as <Manual repeat
marks - GDP.pdf>.

Can anyone explain the difference?

Thanks for your help,

Ralph