Re: 2008 Community Choice Awards; call for votes

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: 2008 Community Choice Awards; call for votes
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 12:03:44 +0200

On 2008/06/06 19:09 +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> 2008/6/6 Trevor Bača <address@hidden>:
> > I've done likewise on Sourceforge ...
>
> +1!

I'd like to do so, but ugh, non-SourceForge projects may have little
hope with this voting system: if you go to
http://sourceforge.net/community/cca08-nominate and search for
"LilyPond", you'll see all combinations of name and URL used in votes.
I'm afraid this means our votes will be cluttered in that many
instances, unless SourceForge merge duplicates project entries before
counting votes.

> I don't like SourceForge at all, but such events are a nice thing for
> the community.

I agree, and I'd like to remind us than LilyPond is not just "open
source", it's free software!

Cheers,
John