Re: change default horizontal spacing

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: change default horizontal spacing
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:11:53 -0400

Hi James,

While I'm not particularly fond of how wide the spacing in the earlier example is, I prefer it to the spacing in the later example. So, I'm starting to wonder
about how I can get somwhere in between.

I fear you're comparing apples to oranges: from the sample documents you posted, it seems clear that the earlier document was specifically stretched to fill the whole page, whereas the later document wasn't.

For example, try this code in your current version, and you'll find it's essentially identical to the earlier version:

\header {  title = "A scale in LilyPond"}
\paper { ragged-right = ##f }
\relative {\time 3/4  c\ppp d\pp e\p f\mp g\mf a\f b c\ff d\fff }

In other words, make sure you're comparing similar outputs before changing something like the "default horizontal spacing".

Of course, If you really *do* want to change the DHS, there's lots of information on how to do it in the documentation!

Regards,
Kieren.