Re: Constant space between title (header) and 1st system

From: madMuze
Subject: Re: Constant space between title (header) and 1st system
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 09:31:33 -0700 (PDT)

the following assumes you've checked out
http://www.nabble.com/Controlling-vertical-spacing-exactly---mini-HOWTO-to8419399.html
and decided against calculating the Y-offset of every staff on every page.

my current kludge:
  \once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'Y-extent = #'(0.0 . X.X)
where X.X is the distance from the first staff's middle line to the bottom
of the titling (including descenders).
You'll want a number exceeding the highest element on the first staff of
every piece plus a little padding. This has worked for me even with
single-digit time signatures and even customizing the stencil with markups.

Of course, your piece will have to have a time signature on the first line.
If not, you can reference "Staff.Clef" instead, taking into account that the
treble clef will be measured from the G-line and the bass from the F-line
(plus offsets if displaced vertically?). I don't like to have to remember to
care what clef starts off the first line, so I've opted to abuse the time
signature.

Anyone have something more obvious?
David