Re: Beaming problem

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Beaming problem
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:08:32 +0200

There are a number of problems with the beaming that have existed for a long time in LilyPond. However, you are lucky, since several of these have been fixed in the latest
development version, 2.11.49.

However, I'm confused that you see problems only in the score and not in the parts. Perhaps the problem is something else. If you send a small but complete example that illustrates the problem, I'm sure that you can get help from the mailing list.

   /Mats

Jayaratna wrote:
Dear subscribers,

Typing this code in a 3/8 measure (version 2.10.33):

 e8 c16 c' c c

I get a very strange strange autobeam: the second c second beam-line is not
connected the following ones.
The same is happening on these codes in different parts:

f8 c16 d c d

In this one I get the separation between the last bes and the c8

c16 bes a bes c8

I've tried some \set Score.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 3 8) or \set
Score.beatLength = #(ly:make-moment 3 8) but no results. Note that this
strange thing is happening only in the score, and not in the parts.

Thank you for your help,
Andrea

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing