Re: Vertical stretching of groups

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Vertical stretching of groups
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 18:42:54 +0200

2008/6/14 Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:

> E.g. Gardner Read clearly describes in his book that the instrumental groups
> should have less spacing for their staves than the spacing to between the
> groups. I've not been able to achieve this in lilypond yet.

I use special contexts for the highest and the lowest staff of each
group. It's ugly, but it works.

example:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \type "Engraver_group"
    \name "StaffUp"
    \alias Staff
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-3 . 5)
  }
  \context {
    \StaffUp
    \type "Engraver_group"
    \name "StaffDown"
    \alias Staff
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-5 . 3)

\score {
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new StaffUp { }
    \new Staff { }
    \new Staff { }
    \new Staff { }
    \new StaffDown { }

  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new StaffUp { }
    \new StaffDown { }

  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new StaffUp { }
    \new Staff { }
    \new Staff { }
    \new Staff { }
    \new Staff { }
    \new StaffDown { }

}

Another option is to use an invisible empty context to create a spacer.

Cheers,
Valentin