Re: NR 1.3 Expressive marks, second draft

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: NR 1.3 Expressive marks, second draft
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 12:08:14 -0700

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Patrick
>
> All very clear and nicely laid out.  Just a couple of suggestions:
>
> The headword music shows very few expressive marks - no dynamics,
> very few articulations, no phrasing slurs, arpeggios, etc.  I wonder if
> a more suitable piece might be chosen (I know it was not your
> choice - Trevor maybe?).

I'll leave the headword untouched for now, but I agree that an excerpt
with a larger variety of `expressive marks' would be nice.  Any
volunteers?

> I'd like to see a @ref's to the relevant MIDI sections in the seealso's
> under Dynamics and New dynamic marks, as there are issues with
> dynamics in MIDI.  The sections What goes into the MIDI output?
> and Controlling MIDI dynamics are relevant.  Actually the first of
> these is more generally useful; maybe it should be in some other
> sections too.

Okay.  I'll add the links.  There are likely some more @rinternals
links I can add too...

> Under slurs and phrasing slurs a seealso to @rlearning{On the
> un-nestedness of brackets and ties} might be helpful.

That would be helpful.  I'll add these links too.

Thanks for the feedback, Trevor!

-Patrick