Re: Expert question on named contexts

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Expert question on named contexts
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 21:25:53 +0200

2008/8/6 Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:
> Since I have only used LilyPond for 11 years, I have some remaining
> questions on how it works.

Greetings Mats,

Hehehe... As soon as I can find a couple minutes to work on the
"LilyPond Report" again, I guess this will make the "Quote of the
Week" :-)

> Can anybody tell me exactly what happens with the context names in the
> following example.

\relative c' <<
 \new Staff \new Voice = myvoice { c d e f }
 \new Staff \context Voice = myvoice { g f e d }

> Is the Voice context in the
> lower stave given some random unknown name?

I guess it is, since when you add lyrics they're aligned with the
first instanciation of "myvoice":

\relative c' <<
 \new Staff \new Voice = myvoice { c d8 e f4 g8 f }
 \new Staff \context Voice = myvoice { g8 f e d g4 f }
 \new Lyrics \lyricsto "myvoice" \lyricmode { one two three four five six }

However, I do wonder how this context can be named internally...

Cheers,
Valentin