Re: GDP: Rhythms: add-grace-property

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: GDP: Rhythms: add-grace-property
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:09:28 +0000 (UTC)

Jonathan Kulp <jonlancekulp <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Since we're trying to get rid of @example passages and use real musical
> examples instead, I tried to make it work with music.  Here's the code I
> used and the non-fatal error message that followed.

Jonathan,

Your code was almost right, but you made two Scheme errors.  Here's
working code, with the errors identified.

\relative c'' {
   \new Staff {
%    #(add-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem 'direction #'down)
%    Once the first # introduces a Scheme function, you don't
%     want the scheme constants in that function to be
%     introduced with a #.
%     Also, the constants for direction are UP and DOWN,
%      not 'up and 'down.
    #(add-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem 'direction DOWN)
     \new Voice {
        \acciaccatura {
        f16
        }