Re: Comments on Learning Manual 3 -- Fundamental concepts

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Comments on Learning Manual 3 -- Fundamental concepts
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 23:31:58 +0100

Robin Bannister wrote  Tuesday, August 12, 2008 10:36 PM

Robin Bannister wrote
A:   21 hits for "\context Staff"
B:   14 hits for "\context { \Staff"

I think I get it now.

Yup - you got it.

It must be that "\context" is overloaded, does two quite different things. Upon meeting a "\context" you must categorise it as A or B. The uninitiated attach no particular significance to the decisive "{" or, in my case, the word "block". Especially when they're still chewing over \context vs.\new.

It is to try to explain this that is on my TODO list.

For now, I'm just adding an extra paragraph or two to
the Learning Manual, but more will need to be done
later.

Cheers,
Robin

Trevor