Re: convert from absolute to relative

From: Eluze Weehaeli
Subject: Re: convert from absolute to relative
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:08:21 +0200

Am 22.08.2008, 16:46 Uhr, schrieb Steve Dunlop <address@hidden>:

I shall eagerly await the development of a script that will work in the
reverse direction.

Using \displayLilyMusic should give you the wanted absolute transformation!
(while writing this answer, I just saw Mats repsonse)

I've come to the conclusion that, for me, it's faster to enter absolute
pitches when entering music because the time required to correct the
inevitable octavation errors is so much greater when working in relative
mode.

I feel the same!

Anyway - what is the benefit of transforming absolute to relative pitches?

-Eluze