Re: question about installation

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: question about installation
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 11:58:09 +0200

2008/8/24 Luc Dejans <address@hidden>:

> Last week I downloaded and runned LilyPond 2.10 for Windows. My computer
> runs Windows Vista.

Greetings Luc,

don't worry, nobody's perfect :)

[Hey Trevor, you're not alone anymore :-) ]

> While trying to install LilyPond on Cygwin, I didn't get the same Package
> View dialogue as showed on the web page
> http://lilypond.org/web/install/cygwin: there were other programs in my
> list, but not "liliypond". What should I do? Many thanks in advance for your
> help!

LilyPond does not need cygwin (anymore). Just download the Windows
version on http://lilypond.org/web/install/ (I recommend 2.11
version), and install it as you'd do with any other program.

By the way, from your name I suspect you might be French; in this case
you might be interested in knowing that there's a French-speaking
LilyPond mailing list on
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user-fr

Cheers,
Valentin