Re: (ot) Computer-assisted musical instrument tutoring: thesis complete

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: (ot) Computer-assisted musical instrument tutoring: thesis complete
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:39:37 +0100

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 9:44 AM, John Mandereau
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2008/08/23 09:30 -0700, Kurt Kroon wrote:
>> On 2008/08/23 12:13 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> > My thesis defense went very well, I've finished all
>> > corrections, and have submitted all the paperwork.
>
> Congratulations!  Are you going on with a PhD?

Yes, next Sept.  I'll be figuring out where in the next few weeks
(actually, ICMC 2008 is an *excellent* place[1] for me to be hitting
up potential supervisors).

[1]  What *isn't* excellent is that the network here doesn't like
smtp.gmail.com, so I'm forced to use the webmail interface to reply to
emails.  I can read them just fine with pop, though.

>> > I'll be fixing the website and removing the GDP stuff the week
>> > after next, once I'm back from ICMC 2008.
>>
>> Should we retain an archive of what's there for the documentation team?

Nah.  The doc policies are already in
Documentation/user/, and everything else is aimed at managing a
large doc team.  The remaining half-dozen people know what they're
doing, so we don't need that infrastructure any more.

> I think so, but if Graham agrees, we should move this to a new namespace
> on http://lilypondwiki.tuxfamily.org and give credit to Graham in
> articles like "Documentation is a process, not a product".  Using a wiki
> seems very important to me, because nobody currently leads the doc team
> any more, and it will save time for the future docs leader anyway.  If
> we go this way, I'll give wiki accounts to all doc writers.

Oh, I forgot about that.  Yes, by all means keep that rant.  I'm not
certain it needs to be wiki'd, but it would be nice to keep that
around somewhere.

Actually, I'll probably add an "articles" section to my website once
I'm back from the conference.  But there's no harm in including it
somewhere else.

Cheers,
- Graham