Re: lyric extenders in 2.11

From: Monk Panteleimon
Subject: Re: lyric extenders in 2.11
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 21:58:33 -0400

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 12:20:30AM +0200, James E. Bailey wrote:
I use lyrics quite a bit, and I don't really understand what you mean. Can you provide a short (1 measure) example that demonstrates what you're talking about?

Sure! Your using the development version too, right? 2.11.something?

But here's the example:
http://www.holycross-hermitage.com/kliros/lilysource/example.ly

You'll see that the lyric extenders won't work under \lyricmode unless
the line
\set associatedVoice = "top"
is uncommented. This voice-association used to happen automatically back
in 2.10.

Now, if you switch from \lyricmode to \lyricsto, you'll see that the
extenders won't work even with the associatedVoice line included,
because \lyricsto won't accept the name of a Staff as it were that of a
Voice.

So, if you want lyric extenders in 2.11 (barring \addlyrics) you must either
- Have your voices inside Voice contexts (even if there's only one per
  staff) and use \lyricsto
    or
- Use \lyricmode with \set associatedVoice = "something"
--
Monk Panteleimon