Re: emacs question

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: emacs question
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:50:50 +0200

On 10 Sep 2008, at 15:11, James E. Bailey wrote:
I just wish someone with a little elisp help could point me toward the part of whichever file determines how the file is processed in emacs so I could learn enough to be able to add " " to it.

The section I mentioned before (Section 37.1 Functions that Create Subprocesses in the Lisp reference manual <http://www.gnu.org/ software/emacs/manual/elisp.html>) says: Executing a program can also try adding suffixes to the specified name:
  — Variable: exec-suffixes
This variable is a list of suffixes (strings) to try adding to the specified program file name. The list should include "" if you want the name to be tried exactly as specified. The default value is system-dependent. So it seems you should search the lilypond-make code for "exec- suffixes" and see if the quotes are there.

  Hans