Re: tempo for both conductor's score and parts

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: tempo for both conductor's score and parts
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 20:19:03 +0200

On 13.09.2008, at 16:55, Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
Obviously, I can't (easily) tweak the placing of things like "Allegro" if it's going to be inserted into lots of parts (nor do I want the hassle). But, to give a current example, my trombone part has a top f (in lily terms, an f' in bass clef) right where I want to put an Andante. The end effect is that the Andante has trampled all over the notes with the result that neither is really legible.

What do I do here?

Regards,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden

A special trombone \tag at the pertinent location could solve the problem.

…
\tag is my new best friend.