Re: Vertical spacing on big systems

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing on big systems
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 15:57:35 -0700

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 06:33:52PM +0200, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_K=E4ppler_
wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm having some trouble to get LilyPond to put two systems on a page
> without forcing that in the following example. (It's pretty long, sorry
> for that)
> I don't really understand why Lily puts each system on one page though
> there is really enough free space on the first page.
> Any hints?

Hi Michael,

I didn't see the overrides for 'minimum-Y-extent, so that is the
reason the `extent-estimate' line was longer.

I am able to layout your score on one page by adding the following
line to your \paper block:

page-top-space = 10\mm

The default is 12\mm, so this was slightly too much.  :-)

HTH,
Patrick