Re: Documentation Review

From: Sebastian Menge
Subject: Re: Documentation Review
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 22:54:06 +0200

Perhaps a bit off topic:

Im using lilypond only once a year or so. Then every time I have to
read a lot of the docs again. Since i remember most things then, i'm
quite quick (getting quicker every time ;-) ), but I must admit that I
dont find my way through the docs as quickly as I could:

I would suggest:
  * a search engine field at the top of the main template (cf wikipedia)
  * way more hyperlinks: especially between corresponding parts of
    tutorial <-> manual <-> reference.

And one thing concerning the section I just learned:

"For every \skip, the text will be delayed another note. "

Is it a note or a syllable? What does the param mean?

Before getting to destructive: I love lilypond! Big thanks to all
contributors.

Regards, Seb.